WHAT IS PERMANENT MAKEUP?
Imagine the convenience of a “Wash and Wear Face”, with eyeliner, eyebrows, and lip colour that doesn’t smear or run off during the day.
Micro pigmentation or permanent makeup is the process of applying pigment (colour) into the skin. This technique is medically proven and specifically designed to be completely safe. Pigmentation is used for a variety of permanent cosmetic enhancements such as permanent eyebrow, eyeliner and lip liner/colour.
Permanent Lip Liner / Full Lip Procedures
Are your lips too light, too dark or just the wrong colour? Lip Liner / Full Lip colour can assist to balance asymmetries and can add definition and fullness. The procedure can be applied lightly for a very natural look or more heavily for a dramatic look, depending on the client’s wishes. Lip procedures fade up to 70% from the original colour implanted. At least 1 touch up or possibly 2 are required for colour retention in lip procedures.
3 Reasons to get permanent lip colour:
- Greater definition for naturally pale lip colour
- Thinner lips seem fuller
- Assists correct uneven lip line, scars
Permanent Eyebrow Procedures
A permanent make-up artist can re-construct and shape the eyebrow which brings character to your face. Women with or without eyebrows are finding that permanent eyebrows are a perfect alternative for them. The effect can be either a soft natural look or as dramatic as you want.
Permanent Eyeliner Procedures
Women who use eye make-up generally use eyeliner, usually to enlarge or promote the look of the eyes. More and more women are finding permanent eyeliner is the perfect answer for them. Eyeliner can be applied in many styles and colours, from softer, more natural-looking enhancement, to a defined line. This procedure will define your look and emphasize your sensuality.
6 Reasons to get permanent eyeliner:
- If you are allergic to make up
- If you don’t seem to have a steady hand for that perfect flawless line
- You want to enhance your eyelashes, to make them look fuller
- Loss of eyelashes due to medical reasons, for defining the lash line
- Saves time every morning, without the hassle
- You want to look naturally enhanced and at your best, fresh out of the shower!
Desired result will be discussed in the consultation with Cheryl and at least one touch up is required
Permanent makeup allows a person to feel more confident when participating in activities that normally cause conventional makeup to sweat off.
Little or no brow hair
Thinning brow hair is a sign of aging and gives the illusion of the face dropping. Permanent Cosmetics can be applied to the eyebrow area in such a way that it frames and lifts the face and can give the effect that the eyebrow is lifted.
Lip Liner and Full Lip Color can make shrinking lips look fuller and detract from lines around an aging mouth. It helps rebuild the rim of the lip giving a smoother edge to the lips.
Little or no lash hair
Eyelash hair also thins with age. Permanent Eyeliner gives eyes the illusion of thicker lashes.
Visual impairment / Contact lenses
As vision diminishes, it is harder for women to apply their eyeliner and brows. It can give them a sense of helplessness. Permanent makeup ensures they always look their best!
As people get older their mobility is hindered and it is more difficult to apply makeup in a precise manner. Permanent Cosmetics allow an older woman to feel assured that her makeup looks good and consistent all the time.
Those who just want to look great all of the time without the hassle
Permanent Makeup is often recommended by plastic surgeons because it is the “icing on the cake” after he has performed a brow lift or a full face lift. After non-surgical aesthetic procedures like brow lifting or lip restructuring with Dr Mel, permanent makeup can complete “the look”, giving a youthful definition to fading features. Permanent Makeup services are the perfect completion to the new look of plastic surgery.
- Technically, permanent cosmetic procedures are considered permanent because the colour implanted into the skin cannot be washed off. However, as with any tattoo, fading can and often does occur, requiring periodic maintenance, colour re-enhancement or refreshing. Just like hair colour, furniture located near a window, or even house paint with exposure to sunlight, the implanted colour will fade over time depending on your health, skin type and how well you care for your skin.
- A new needle is used for each client.
- Equipment and supplies are kept in a sanitary manner.
- Gloves are worn during each procedure, and the procedure is as sterile as possible.
- Micropigmentation/Permanent Makeup is long-lasting, but one can still wear fashionable make-up at night or apply makeup for a fresh and natural look for daytime. Micropigmentation/Permanent Makeup simply builds the foundation for looking perfect without looking made-up.
Our Permanent cosmetic procedures are performed using a Permapen Machine. Your appointment with Cheryl includes a detailed discussion regarding your expectations including design and colour. The application of the pigment is next. You are a part of the whole process during the procedure. Everything is explained to you with total appreciation that you have chosen the Centre of Wellness and trust us with your permanent cosmetics.
- Your comfort is very important to us! We take pride in making our clients as comfortable as possible. Most people experience some discomfort likened to a plucking or scouring sensation. This will vary according to each individual’s threshold. Using topical anaesthetics that have been medically developed for permanent makeup application makes procedures reasonably comfortable.
- Please tell us if you are allergic to local anesthetics or any other medications.
- A touch-up is a colour refresher. Permanent cosmetic makeup can be a process. It is recommended that you wait at least 6 weeks before your touch-up so your initial procedure has time to heal properly. To traumatize the skin sooner can be uncomfortable and doesn’t allow enough time for the pigment to settle in the skin.
- Slight swelling and redness can be expected post treatment, which will subside quickly.
- The eyebrows might show very little after effect. Eyeliner and lips may show more swelling and could last from 2 to 48 hours.
- During the procedure there may be slight bleeding or bruising and there is usually tenderness for a few days post procedure.
- The colour will be much darker than you may expect for the first six to ten days. You may resume your normal activities immediately after the procedure.
- Complete healing takes six weeks while the pigmentation matures and reaches the final colour.
Scroll left and right to see before and after image