What must I do before & after my Fractional Laser Treatment?
INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE FRACTIONAL LASER TREATMENT
- Discontinue any strong creams like retinoids and Divine Glow about 4 days before your treatment.
- If you have any infection or irritation on your skin, please call the clinic before your treatment – it may have to be delayed.
- Make sure you are in good general health. The result of the treatment relies on your capacity to heal to give the desired result. This can also be affected by being on chemotherapy, radiation, immune suppressive drugs and corticosteroids.
- Inform us if you are on any strong medications or if you have any new medical concerns.
POST-TREATMENT GUIDELINES AFTER FRACTIONAL LASER
- Application of cool ICE packs and topical creams immediately following treatment can help alleviate post treatment itchiness and stinging that may occur.
- Edema (swelling), and sometimes blanching, is expected immediately post treatment and generally resolves within 2-3 DAYS hours. It may last up to 3-5 days in some clients.
- Clients may experience significant redness, broken capillaries or bronzing in the treatment area for 1-3 days after treatment. This may persist in a mild form for several weeks particular in areas other than the face.
- Gentle cleansing and use of non-irritant cosmetics is permitted after treatment. The use of retinoid should be avoided during the treatment period.
- There may be a few white or red bumps or pimples after the fractional laser. Call the clinic if this occurs. This can be settled with a few days of a particular oral antibiotic or a microdermabrasion treatment.
- New skin will begin to form and it is essential to avoid injury and sun exposure at least two weeks following treatments. It is highly recommended that clients use a sunscreen containing UVA/UVB protection along with a sun blocker of SPF 50.
- Client should also continue to use SPF up to six months following final treatment whenever they are outside.
- Once the treated area has healed, some itching or dryness may occur. This will gradually clear. The use of non-irritant moisturizers may provide some relief.
- Do not pick or scratch any healing areas.
Please call our rooms immediately if you are concerned on (011) 783-8289.
After hours, please call Dr. Melanie Lambrechts directly on 082 331 3939
Enjoy the result, and see you soon!