What must I do Before & After Dermal Filler Injections?
Dermal Filler injections involve the precise placement of injections in certain areas of the face with the aim of rejuvenating the area injected. The Filler product is registered by the FDA and Medicines Control Council, and is proven in clinical trials to have a good efficacy and safety profile.
INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE DERMAL FILLER INJECTIONS
- If you have had a negative reaction to Dermal Fillers before, please discuss this with your Doctor before booking the treatment.
- To try and prevent bruising, please try and avoid medications or substances that may thin the blood and increase the possibility of bruising. These include anti-inflammatories like myprodol, cataflam and nurofen, aspirin, corticosteroids medications, omega 3&6, Warfarin, arnica, ginseng, St. John’s Wort and Ginko Biloba (amongst others) and alcohol the night before the injections.
- Make sure your skin is not inflamed or infected in the area to be treated. This includes active acne or a cold sore.
- If you suffer from cold sores, please warn your Doctor before. Preventative anti-viral tablets may be required to prevent a cold sore from happening.
- Inform the Doctor if you are ill in any way, or if you have a new medical concern that was not present before. This includes auto-immune diseases.
- Dental: please do not plan dermal filler injections if you are currently undergoing dental work (2 weeks before or after dermal filler injections)
- Sinus, urinary infections: If you have current sinusitis or a UTI which is being treated, please call us to delay treatment until you are fully better.
AFTER YOUR DERMAL FILLER INJECTIONS….
- If you are tender or swollen after the procedure (common after LIP FILLER), please use an ice pack on the day of and after the procedure for relief.
- A mild pain killer or anti-inflammatory can be taken if you have mild discomfort.
- No facials, exfoliations, peels or facial massages for 5-7 days
- Do not rub your face excessively
- Do not do any other advanced facial procedures like laser, microneedling or deep peels for 2-4 weeks after the injections.
- If you experience pain, unusual swelling or any worrying signs on your face after the procedure, call the clinic or Doctor immediately.
Please call our rooms immediately if you are concerned on (011) 783-8289.
After hours, please call Dr. Melanie Lambrechts directly on 082 331 3939
Enjoy the result, and see you soon!