What must I do Before and After my Treatment?
Wrinkle reducing injections involve the precise placement of injections in certain muscles of the face or body with the aim or the muscles treated reducing the strength of. These may include the expression muscles of the face, the chewing and grinding muscles of the jaw or temples and under your arms for excessive sweating.
INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE WRINKLE REDUCTING INJECTIONS
- To try and prevent bruising, please try and avoid medications or substances that may thin the blood and increase the possibility of bruising. These include anti-inflammatories like myprodol, cataflam and nurofen, aspirin, corticosteroids medications, omega 3&6, Warfarin, arnica, ginseng, St. John’s Wort and Ginko Biloba (amongst others) and alcohol the night before the injections.
- Make sure your skin is not inflamed in the area to be treated.
- Do not plan exercise AFTER the injections – do your exercise before!
- Inform the Doctor if you are ill in any way, or if you have a new medical concern that was not present before.
AFTER YOUR WRINKLE REDUCTING INJECTIONS….
- Do not lie down for 4 hours
- No cardiovascular exercise until the next morning (not even yoga or pilates!). A walk will be ok.
- No exercise where you need to lie down or raise your legs until the next morning
- No facials, exfoliations, peels or facial massages for 2-3 days
- Do not rub your face excessively
- If your bunny lines on the sides of your nose were treated, do not wear sunglasses for the rest of the day.
- Do not do any other advanced facial procedures like laser, microneedling or deep peels for 2 weeks after the injections.
- Call the clinic or Doctor if you have any concerns.
- Remember to book your next appointment for 3-5 months time!
Please call our rooms immediately if you are concerned on (011) 783-8289.
After hours, please call Dr. Melanie Lambrechts directly on 082 331 3939
Enjoy the result, and see you soon!