Discourage the signs of aging while you experience the restorative benefits of a daily skin care regimen tailored specifically for your unique skin concern and skin type.
NeoStrata skin care offers products formulated with Alpha-Hydroxy acids (AHAs), Poly-Hydroxy acids (PHAs) and/or Bionic acids, which have been clinically proven to improve the visible signs of ageing, including:
- Premature ageing / sun damaged skin
- Dry, dull and dehydrated skin
- Pigmentation (dark spots)
- Acne scarring / oily and acne prone skin
NeoStrata Revolutionary Technology
The creators of NeoStrata Drs. Van Scott and Yu are internationally recognized for making the ground-breaking discovery that Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs) have profound beneficial effect on human skin. Their passion and vision led to their subsequent research which established AHAs are not only beneficial in the treatment of dermatological conditions, but are also effective in stimulating prematurely aged or damaged skin to actually rejuvenate itself, thereby revolutionizing the treatment of aging skin.
Science & Beauty
NeoStrata Company, Inc. is located in Princeton, NJ and develops and markets a comprehensive range of clinically-proven skin care brands including NeoStrata, Skin Actives, Exuviance, CoverBlend, NeoCeuticals and NeoStrata Therapeutics. The advanced therapeutic and cosmetic dermatological products feature unsurpassed Polyhydroxy Acid technology to meet the needs of every skin type and are available worldwide throughout consumer outlets, physician’s offices and spas.
The Alpha-hydroxy acids include glycolic acid and citric acid. Glycolic acid is the smallest molecule of the AHA family. Citric acid is an anti-oxidant and has been shown to provide anti-aging benefits.
How do AHAs work?
Gently dissolves the attachments between superficial corneocytes
- Creates mild and continuous exfoliation of outer corneal layer
- Normalises the keratinisation process – thinner more compact stratum corneum with increased flexibility and smoothness.
Removal of excess upper skin layers – turns on cell renewal
- Returns skin to a more youthful state.
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Benefits of AHAs
- Reduces skin dryness revealing naturally moisturised cells.
- Normalises cell turnover resulting in more flexible and smooth skin. May also prevent formation of clogged pores.
- Improves visual effects of photo-aging such as roughness, fine lines, pore size, sallowness, dullness and pigmentation irregularities.
- Stimulates epidermal cell renewal increasing dermal thickness, collagen and improved quality of elastic fibres, revealing a more youthful skin.
These products contain the PHA gluconolactone which is suitable for all skin types, including sensitive skin. PHAs are composed of multiple water attracting groups which hydrate the skin, resulting in enhanced moisturisation.
How to PHAs work?
- Normalises the barrier function of the skin, enabling it to retain its own moisture.
- Exfoliates the dead upper layers of the stratum corneum allowing improved penetration of moisturising ingredients.
- Conditions the skin barrier preventing the development of irritation.
Benefits of PHAs
- Provides enhanced moisturisation.
- Improves the appearance and feel of photo-damaged skin including the fine lines and wrinkles, pigmentation, enlarged pores and rough texture.
- Suitable for sensitive skin and less irritation than AHAs.
- Anti-oxidant effect.
- Compatible with topical retinoids.
NeoStrata Bionic Range contains lactobionic acid. This complex PHA features potent anti-oxidant and water-attracting benefits.
How do the Lactobionics work?
- Strongly attracts and binds water, producing a natural gel matrix.
- Exfoliates to enhance cell turnover.
- Plumps the skin.
- Enhances wound healing.
Benefits of Lactobionics
- Pre- and post-procedure care (peels, lasers, rollers).
- Ultra-moisturisation, anti-aging, evening of pigmentation, skin smoothness and brightness.