Important Information Following Thread Lifting Treatment
After a Thread Lifting Treatment, slight swelling or bruising may occur. Sometimes, a slight depression or skin irregularity can appear at the entry points or along the length of the thread, related to the action of the sutures. These inconveniences generally disappear a few days after treatment.
Post treatment recommendations:
- Apply ice or a cold towel to the treated areas immediately after the procedure, that evening and the next day for 5-10 minutes.
- Take anti-inflammatories in case of pain for 2-3 days, it usually feels like an achy tooth.
- Keep your head elevated at least 30 degrees for the first night and sleep preferably on your back to avoid rubbing against the pillow.
- Clean and dry your face without rubbing for 5 days.
- Apply make-up, shave or wash your hair softly for 5 days.
- Do not have sun exposure and do not use tanning beds for 2 weeks.
- Do not have any massages and aesthetic facial treatments for 2 weeks.
- Do not use the sauna or hammam for 1 week.
- Do not undergo any dental treatments or surgery for 2 weeks.
- Avoid excessive facial movements, such as chewing or yawning for 1 weeks.
- Use of arnica cream is recommended over bruises to help the speed of recovery.
- If you are concerned that the amount of bruising, swelling, heat or pain is too extreme, please call the Doctor immediately
If you are worried at all, contact the clinic on (011) 783-8289, or Dr Mel on 082 331 3939 after hours.