The PLEXR is a device that produces a plasma micro beam that is applied to the area of choice. This beam generates heat and causes sublimation of the outermost part of the epidermis (outer layer of the skin), without damage to the surrounding or deeper structures of the skin
The device is capable of treating many conditions, including Blepharoplasty (Excess upper and lower lid skin), Xanthelasmas, Wrinkle reduction, Skin/Sun Spot Removal, Non-cancerous Skin Growth Removal, Scar tissue including acne scar treatment and Tattoo removal
POST PROCEDURE INSTRUCTIONS:
This should be the daily routine specific to the area that is treated. This routine should be carried out for approximately a month after the treatment, to ensure healthy healing and protection of the new skin that is forming.
- Rinse and clean gently with soap and water twice a day – recommend Dove.
- Blot dry with cotton napkin (not gauze, hard towel)
- Disinfect eyelids or treatment areas around the eyes with Safyr bleu or Oculosan eye drops twice daily. Apply with fingertip not gauze.
- Apply Liquid foundation (Bio Nike / Heliocare) - dot blot, no blending +/- 1 mm, thick. No cosmetics. This must be done up to 3-4 times a day to ensure proper coverage and protection
- After Scabs have fallen off – new skin (soft pink) will have formed. To promote healing apply zinc oxide cream at night. Continue to wear coverage until skin is no longer pink.
- Do not apply any creams, antibiotic creams, or cortisone creams over the treated areas while there are scabs in place. After the scabs are gone, ask for guidance on what creams are acceptable.
The crust can remain up to 20 days but usually falls off by 5-7 days. Cover the area with liquid foundation until the pink area has disappeared +/- 1 month. Thereafter use a 50 SPF sunscreen to prevent the area to become hyper-pigmented or darker.
Liquid Foundation = Tinted Heliocare Gelcream / Bio Nike liquid foundation
For cleaning of scabbed area = Safyr Bleu or Oculosan eye drops applied to scabs
Zinc oxide = Triderm Bio Nike Zinc cream
If you are worried at all, contact the clinic on (011) 783-8289, or Dr Mel on 082 331 3939 after hours.